{EAV:7c2f2558908d5dce} MECA Car Services South-West: So who are the better drivers: men or women? Nino's drag race challenge!

Thursday 4 March 2010

So who are the better drivers: men or women? Nino's drag race challenge!

You'll see from my January Blog that I wrote about the differences between male and female drivers, mostly covering safety and statistical information, and concluding that women are better and safer behind the wheel. You will also see that I did actually personally admit to the men I know in my life not only being being more confident a driver than I, but also parking and reversing better.

This is alas not good enough for one such friend, who has it seems got a little bee in his Easter bonnet! The Exeter fm Breakfast Show host, Nino Firetto - who's show I sponsor and who some of you will know is also a mate of mine -  has decided that winding up the Express and Echo Editor, Marc Astley, is no longer enough for his day-to-day amusement; so he has now started on me!

First of all it started with a gentle "Plant seed in Jenn's head" approach with a "Hey Jenn, I wonder what would happen if we got two drivers in the same cars, doing the same route, at the same time of day, with the same amount of fuel, to see how fuel efficient they could be?"

"Hmmm, an interesting topic for a future Blog" I thought....until he said "You and I could do it". Then the alarm bells starting ringing. I remained quiet to see where this was going and what trap he was leading me into.

 "I challenge you..." he finally exclaimed excitedly "...to a drag race of sorts". "Let's see who's the better driver, men or women - you and me in a race?"

"Ah, now we're getting to the bottom of it" I thought. It's that Venus-Mars mixed in with a bit of tetosterone thing that men suffer from. Correction, it's us girls that suffer! It's that "Let's have an arm wrestle to settle this" approach. And of course I bit!

"Right, you're on!!" I roared, before I realised what I was agreeing to. You see, anyone who knows Nino will know that effect he has on people....you just can't say no to the guy! It's almost impossible! And it's those cat from Shrek eyes he's got that does it!

Well okay Ni, here it is in writing - you are on my friend! Name your place and time.................loser!

Of course, anyone who knows me will also know to place their hard earned cash on me. My partner Paul will. I am very competitive. I do not do failure and I despise losing at anything.

See you all at the starting line.

Jenn (aka Monica from Friends)
http://www.exeter.fm/
http://www.ninoradio.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Nino said...

Oh... this is good. So first lets not rush in to this. It has to be devised properly. A route, obstacles, conditions etc. This is a goer. We'll do one of our famous coffees together and talk it over.. but watch this space....
I LOVE IT. You are so out on your ar**
:-) x

Paul Rapley said...

Poor Nino. Of course my first instinct was to support us men, however, knowing Jenn as I do I think he's bitten off more than he can chew. In the dictionary under "competitive" there's a photograph of Jennifer. Not only that, Jenn WILL practice, practice, practice.....there goes my weekends. May the best driver win!
Paul

Unknown said...

Thank you Paul I will.
You should have gone with your first instinct.

..I soooo love this challenge.... it's a walk in the park. Sorry about your weekends..

Ginny said...

I shall be backing the ladies .... of course .
Go get em jen..

Jennifer Riach said...

Kick & butt spring to mind.

Post a Comment