{EAV:7c2f2558908d5dce} MECA Car Services South-West: Kili Summit Day - Wednesday

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Kili Summit Day - Wednesday

Suffered all day with altitude sickness. Skipped lunch & only forced a little soup down for dinner.
Our trek leader's a doctor so I've been in good hands. As we ascended Kili through the night on Tuesday I ended up having steroids, a multitude of drugs, and an anti-sickness jab (in my rear end!!). In the end I threw it all up and ended up totally dehydrated without any energy. I heard one team member describing me as lifeless, like a ghost walking behind the trek leader. I was also suffering from sleep deprivation and mountain sickness and I nearly fell a couple of times as I fell asleep whilst walking, and was only saved by my fellow team mates.
All the team have suffered both physically and mentally. It was sheer drive and determination that got us up there. I have never experienced anything so challenging in all my life. I may look as ill as I felt in this photo. But guess what? I did it. We did it. :)

1 comment:

ginny said...

Well done we knew you would xxx

Post a Comment