{EAV:7c2f2558908d5dce} MECA Car Services South-West: I'm 42 and I don't have kids! So why on earth am I climbing a mountain for a children's charity?!

Tuesday 16 November 2010

I'm 42 and I don't have kids! So why on earth am I climbing a mountain for a children's charity?!





This is Thomas Dye, my mechanic's gorgeous little baby boy.




Imagine receiving a phone call from the consultant telling you to come into the hospital to say your goodbyes because your baby was unlikely to make it through the night? And then again a few days later? And then again?





This is Thomas a year ago fighting for his life.





Born 3-months premature, having nearly died several times, he did in fact die once - and then his little life was resussitated. And each time Paul got the dreaded phone call at the garage we all lived through it.

I call him little Tom Thumb. I was lucky enough to have been allowed to visit him when he was so very ill.

He is why I am climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. He is why I'm supporting the SPARKS childrens medical research charity. And he is who keeps me going during my training programme.


Little Thomas is the one who will give me the strength to overcome the altitude sickness, the loose screed, and the final ascent through the night in the snow to Kilimanajro's summit.


PLEASE PLEASE support me:


No comments:

Post a Comment