{EAV:7c2f2558908d5dce} MECA Car Services South-West: "Ford Capri set to return" - This is a joke, right? Well it's not funny! :(

Wednesday 24 November 2010

"Ford Capri set to return" - This is a joke, right? Well it's not funny! :(

This is a Ford Capri:

We look after a few classic Capris at my garage. I adore them and I used to own one in the late eighties - a bright red 2.0 Ltr Capri Laser. She was very beau....my perfect Autobot!

I can't actually think of anyone who doesn't like the Ford Capri. Whether as a previous or current owner, or just from a point of nostalgia, she was indeed a car admired by many.

So when I read this week that Ford were bringing back the Capri I can not begin to tell you how excited I got. My credit card was immediately poised, prepared to part with whatever deposit they demanded of me! < um, I would have told beforehand Paul....honest love :-/ >

So online I went,  clicking on the necessary links in order to obtain more details and take a peek at the new design. My heart suddenly sank and my big smiley face suddenly turned to an incredibly sad childlike pout. "What the hell" I thought, staring at my computer screen, convinced I'd chosen the wrong photo.

Okay, so they now call it a Ford Focus Coupé. But they also promote it as the new Capri. Well, I have but one message for Ford - and anyone else for that matter choosing promoting it in this way:


PLEASE!!! STOP ASSOCIATING THIS WITH A CAPRI. IT DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE A CAPRI.  LEGEND IS NOT FINALLY SET TO RETURN. THE FORD CAPRI IS NOT BACK. IT IS NOT A CAPRI.  

GOT IT?

No comments:

Post a Comment