{EAV:7c2f2558908d5dce} MECA Car Services South-West: ‎Social Media for Dummies!

Tuesday 2 November 2010

‎Social Media for Dummies!

My guest blog on using social media for business written for local website design firm    

As far as anything IT related goes, I am indeed a dummy; a complete technophobe actually! I am totally self-taught, I type with two fingers, I couldn’t tell you what the Function keys on my computer keyboard are for, and I don’t understand what all the fuss about iPhones is!

However, exactly a year ago I attended Exeter’s Business South West exhibition and found myself rather oddly drawn to a presentation being given by local businessman David Thomas, owner of Bluegrass Computer Services, on an introduction to social media for business.

Already being a huge Facebook fan I was nonetheless quite sceptical about using such applications for business. My first concern was in how much time I already spent on Facebook. My partner Paul will tell you I’d spend more time communicating on it than I ever did with him. And, rather sadly, it was….is…sometimes the only way that my friends and family can find out what I’d been up to! Facebook often entered my working life too, periodically logging on to check out my friends latest profile updates – usually on what they’ve just had for lunch and other such mind numbing information. So I couldn’t possibly see how I would find time to create and use social media for business without also creating a reason for divorce and bankruptcy! .....[Read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment